× Tell us a little about yourself. What do you fly or drive? What are your favorite spots in the area?
Aside from your avatar (forum) name, tell us your name you use in real life.

Hello from Sunnyvale. Need Help Learning to Fly

More
13 Aug 2016 15:37 #3086 by ksrivatsan
ksrivatsan created the topic: Hello from Sunnyvale. Need Help Learning to Fly
Hi! It's me again, Karthik.
I am still pretty new here, and as I've posted before, I've recently completed a balsa plane that I'm itching to fly- it's a Phoenix Model Sonic high-wing trainer. I'm running a 1000Kv motor on 3S with an 11x7 prop. AUW is 5 pounds. Would anyone here be willing to help me learn to fly it?
Sorry if I'm being obnoxious by double posting. I figured it would be a better idea to post this outside of the main "Welcome to BayRC" thread.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
13 Aug 2016 21:59 #3087 by dsal
dsal replied the topic: Hello from Sunnyvale. Need Help Learning to Fly
Have you flown a plane before?

More
14 Aug 2016 09:25 #3088 by ksrivatsan
ksrivatsan replied the topic: Hello from Sunnyvale. Need Help Learning to Fly
A little bit: I have a foam Hobbyzone Champ that I'm practicing on. I have flown a quadcopter, but I'm not sure how much help that is.

More
18 Aug 2016 12:00 - 18 Aug 2016 12:02 #3100 by ksrivatsan
ksrivatsan replied the topic: Hello from Sunnyvale. Need Help Learning to Fly
By the way, I'm heading off to college in a few weeks, and I want to try it before I leave. Can anyone help me in the next ~2 weeks?
Or should I just show up at the field (I'm planning to fly at Rancho) and ask?

Thanks!
Last Edit: 18 Aug 2016 12:02 by ksrivatsan.

More
19 Aug 2016 09:15 #3101 by canbarelyhover
canbarelyhover replied the topic: Hello from Sunnyvale. Need Help Learning to Fly
Not sure if it's still the case but when I started out flying I just showed up on early Sat morning(around 8am) and there were plenty of folks there flying. Just try to find someone flying the same type of aircraft and ask. Most people are eager to help.

ksrivatsan wrote: By the way, I'm heading off to college in a few weeks, and I want to try it before I leave. Can anyone help me in the next ~2 weeks?
Or should I just show up at the field (I'm planning to fly at Rancho) and ask?

Thanks!

Time to create page: 0.163 seconds