× Tell us a little about yourself. What do you fly or drive? What are your favorite spots in the area?
Aside from your avatar (forum) name, tell us your name you use in real life.

Welcome to the new BayRC! - Come Say Hello!

• kiteless
  • Electric Fixed Wing and Multi-Rotor craft, HAM
More
29 Mar 2017 17:36 - 29 Mar 2017 17:38 #3855 by kiteless
kiteless replied the topic: Welcome to the new BayRC! - Come Say Hello!
Greetings all wanted to say hi here as well as the topic I started. First got into collective pitch heli's back in 2009 then later got into planes, multi-rotors FPV and cars. Been away from the hobby for a few years and looking to get back in. Mainly focusing on fixed wing but also dabbling a little in FPV. I've been mainly doing ham radio for the last 4'ish years, keeping an eye on the R/C scene so obviously I have a ham license that's also useful for FPV and UHF stuff. I just renewed my AMA and excited to be at the swap meet / BBQ this Sunday. I'll be on the lookout for a low wing something, probably a warbird and hopefully something bigger than 1200mm. One of my other hobbies is video recording and editing. It goes well with R/C my channel and all my old videos with a few new ones is here

www.youtube.com/user/HeliDragon510

Oh I live in Union City. :D

// Jason aka Kiteless

EDIT:

P.S. - I forgot to mention, my current hangar consists of a Hobbyking Wingnetic, a Teksumo wing, old and beat up Parkzone T-28, an entirely scratch built Bloody Mic's Bloody Wonder and an RC Explorer Tri-copter 1.5 working on upgrading it to something close to the V3 version.
Last Edit: 29 Mar 2017 17:38 by kiteless. Reason: Add hangar

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
29 Mar 2017 19:27 #3857 by gooniac
gooniac replied the topic: Welcome to the new BayRC! - Come Say Hello!
welcome!! And big thanks for making that video of my F-15!! It was amazing!!

More
08 Jun 2017 17:28 #3998 by Dgrunts
Dgrunts replied the topic: Welcome to the new BayRC! - Come Say Hello!
I just discovered this site while looking online for flying sites as I am considering buying a plane. I have sailed r/c sailboats for awhile and am now curious about planes. I welcome any suggestions about which would be a good beginner plane and any other info anyone would provide. Thanks.

• kiteless
  • Electric Fixed Wing and Multi-Rotor craft, HAM
More
09 Jun 2017 13:11 #3999 by kiteless
kiteless replied the topic: Welcome to the new BayRC! - Come Say Hello!
This is one of my favorite topics. I think this area of the forum is specifically to say hello so I will just do this one reply, but the conversation should continue in another part of the forum.

If you are looking for something scale and BIG, I would suggest something like the

Apprentice 15e - www.motionrc.com/collections/beginner-an...apprentice-s-15e-rtf

or the Flyzone Sensei FS - www.flyzoneplanes.com/airplanes/flza3030/index.html

Personally I would suggest a pusher style high belly lander, especially for flying out at Baylands Park. It's all nice soft grass out there.

This style of plane has been around for a very long time. It's my personal opinion that this is not only the perfect beginner platform bit this new plane designed and sold by the folks over at Readymade RC is the best version of the progressing evolution of this platform. While this plane is designed with FPV (First Person View) in mind, I think the flexibility of this plane means its something you can grow into. Mainly a huge flexibility in battery carrying capacity, to easily being able to upgrade the motor should you want to. And eventually, if you want to get some nice aerial video eventually, you don't need fancy FPV gear. This plane can easily carry a GoPro while you fly line of site (LOS).

www.readymaderc.com/store/landing-pages/strix-strato-surfer

Finally I would strongly suggest getting a simulator. I used Realflight 4.x back in the day and I personally got a LOT of value out of it. The very latest version seems to be the most realistic in graphics as well as physics but I;m reading reviews that it seems to require a monster gaming PC. The previous version 7.x seems to be almost as good physics-wise but has much MUCH lower system requirements. It is Windows only. You can find new old stock and previously owned copies with a USB "transmitter" online.

Anyway I hope all this helps. Most of the folks out at Baylands are a friendly bunch. Welcome to the addiction! Er... ehhem I mean... hobby.

// Jason
www.youtube.com/user/HeliDragon510

More
04 Jul 2017 22:26 #4123 by DeanC
DeanC replied the topic: Welcome to the new BayRC! - Come Say Hello!
Hi, I'm Dean
I started flying R/C gliders in the 90's in Briones Park (unofficially) and since the site was not very good I ended up slope soaring thermal type gliders - Gentle Lady, Bobcat, Skeeter. After a bit, I found Coyote Hills and started getting a bit more serious, Ridge Rat, Sorceress, Mini-1, and the RCM P-51 slope soarer. . I also own a Topflight Wrist-o-cat but my wife wouldn't let me fly it after a couple of flights since I could not guarantee that I wouldn't crash it.
Moved again and that ended that for 20 years. I am starting up again, using the existing fleet to reduce startup costs. And maybe will drag my 17-year-old son along. He seems keen on a foamy flying wing. I am more fond of PSS.
I am looking for a scanned manual for the Futaba FP-7UGF radio, after 3 moves I seem to have misplaced the manual. But the radio works just fine. It has elevon mixing for a flying wing for the son - if I can figure it out.
Dean
P.S. The P-51 can be found here:
pulling-gz.blogspot.com/2015/02/rcm-p-51...-soarer-article.html

• MaydayJoey
  • MaydayJoey's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
05 Jul 2017 17:01 #4125 by MaydayJoey
MaydayJoey replied the topic: Welcome to the new BayRC! - Come Say Hello!
Hi Dean,

Welcome!

DeanChacon wrote: Hi, I'm Dean
I started flying R/C gliders in the 90's in Briones Park (unofficially) and since the site was not very good I ended up slope soaring thermal type gliders - Gentle Lady, Bobcat, Skeeter. After a bit, I found Coyote Hills and started getting a bit more serious, Ridge Rat, Sorceress, Mini-1, and the RCM P-51 slope soarer. . I also own a Topflight Wrist-o-cat but my wife wouldn't let me fly it after a couple of flights since I could not guarantee that I wouldn't crash it.
Moved again and that ended that for 20 years. I am starting up again, using the existing fleet to reduce startup costs. And maybe will drag my 17-year-old son along. He seems keen on a foamy flying wing. I am more fond of PSS.
I am looking for a scanned manual for the Futaba FP-7UGF radio, after 3 moves I seem to have misplaced the manual. But the radio works just fine. It has elevon mixing for a flying wing for the son - if I can figure it out.
Dean
P.S. The P-51 can be found here:
pulling-gz.blogspot.com/2015/02/rcm-p-51...-soarer-article.html

Please make sure you introduce yourself in the first thread.
---- Here: bayrc.net/forum/welcome-mat/2-mayday-joe...ome-to-the-new-bayrc

Time to create page: 0.202 seconds