× Tell us a little about yourself. What do you fly or drive? What are your favorite spots in the area?
Aside from your avatar (forum) name, tell us your name you use in real life.

Welcome to the new BayRC! - Come Say Hello!

More
22 Nov 2016 10:00 #3578 by zmbola
zmbola replied the topic: Welcome to the new BayRC! - Come Say Hello!
Hi Everyone,

I started flying with a Eachine Racer 250 and flew it a little before taking the plunge into building my own 160 acro, which is still very much a work in progress. Moved to the bay area about 3 years ago, but haven't ventured very far out of the SW San Jose / Cambrian area.

I've been by Baylands once or twice to scout things out, but haven't flown there yet. I work in downtown SJ, and have been trying to find a way to "work remotely" from baylands starting around Lunchtime (spend a few lipos then work while they charge :D) once in a while, or possibly after work (not going to happen with the current time of year).

Anyway, just wanted to introduce myself, and see what the group is about :)

Andy

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
17 Dec 2016 07:28 #3615 by Ace77
Ace77 replied the topic: Welcome to the new BayRC! - Come Say Hello!
Hello I'm Justin I absolutely love flying planes and everything about the sport look forward to having a lot of interesting discussions thank you

More
17 Dec 2016 20:53 #3621 by jackyoung
jackyoung replied the topic: Welcome to the new BayRC! - Come Say Hello!

MaydayJoey wrote: Hello Jack! Welcome!

Thank you!!

• MaydayJoey
  • MaydayJoey's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
19 Dec 2016 17:33 #3626 by MaydayJoey
MaydayJoey replied the topic: Welcome to the new BayRC! - Come Say Hello!
Hi All, please create new topics this area is for new member introduction.

RCflyer I moved your topics to the new location:
bayrc.net/forum/general-discussion/1084-need-instruction

Please make sure you introduce yourself in the first thread.
---- Here: bayrc.net/forum/welcome-mat/2-mayday-joe...ome-to-the-new-bayrc

More
03 Feb 2017 20:27 #3730 by Tom
Tom replied the topic: Welcome to the new BayRC! - Come Say Hello!
Hello, my name it Tom Hartley. I am a retired Air Traffic Controller from Minneapolis. My daughter, her husband and our two little one year old twin boys live in San Jose. We were here visiting a few months ago and went for a walk in Bayland's Park. To my surprise people were flying RC airplanes and a drone at the park. I used to fly at a local park in suburban Minneapolis on floats in the spring summer and fall and skis in the winter but of course that became a no no. I have recently gotten into foam electric and enjoyed it. My glow fuel airplanes are now obsolete but will be converted to electric. No more cleaning gunk off the airplanes and spraying storage oil into the 4 cycle engines. So far I am flying a Flyzone Beaver on floats and a Dynam 50" Waco on floats and wheels. We drive out to visit our daughter and family so I will acquire a small electric that will fit in the car with my wife, our dog and all the other crap we bring. I plan to visit the field this weekend observe and talk to whoever is there. Thank you for the information about the park and flying field. Tom Hartley

More
04 Feb 2017 17:49 - 04 Feb 2017 18:03 #3739 by jax200@gmail.com
jax200@gmail.com replied the topic: Welcome to the new BayRC! - Come Say Hello!
HI All

I'm new to R/C flying and building, but I am a former GA pilot (20 yrs) with CFI credentials.

I am also in the medical device industry.

I live in the Fairfield area and looking for folks to learn flying and building quadcopters.

I do have an objective beyond doing this for fun: I developed an Android map app which I would like to further connect with quad technology.

Jack
Last Edit: 04 Feb 2017 18:03 by jax200@gmail.com. Reason: error

Time to create page: 0.251 seconds