× Tell us a little about yourself. What do you fly or drive? What are your favorite spots in the area?
Aside from your avatar (forum) name, tell us your name you use in real life.

Welcome to the new BayRC! - Come Say Hello!

More
27 Oct 2016 17:36 #3494 by jackyoung
jackyoung replied the topic: Welcome to the new BayRC! - Come Say Hello!
Iam Jack, a newcomer . Just say hello to all. :D

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• MaydayJoey
  • MaydayJoey's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
27 Oct 2016 19:33 #3495 by MaydayJoey
MaydayJoey replied the topic: Welcome to the new BayRC! - Come Say Hello!
Hello Jack! Welcome!

Please make sure you introduce yourself in the first thread.
---- Here: bayrc.net/forum/welcome-mat/2-mayday-joe...ome-to-the-new-bayrc

More
08 Nov 2016 10:29 #3521 by thomashyland
thomashyland replied the topic: Welcome to the new BayRC! - Come Say Hello!
Hey All! My name is Thomas and I am new to the area. I moved from Boulder Colorado for work and fly a VAS Banshee FPV and a Radian FPV, I also have a micro quad for indoor and small spaces. I usually fly at Baylands, but am looking for more space and longer range. Hope to meet you all soon!

More
09 Nov 2016 08:38 - 09 Nov 2016 09:02 #3525 by MGorden
MGorden replied the topic: Welcome to the new BayRC! - Come Say Hello!

TineDean wrote: Just signed on and saying hello to all! I'm Christine, a native San Franciscan for 49 years and I work at the Fairmont Hotel.
I've tried almost all the RC types out there, guess the best was a large sailboat that I had fun with for about a year until it sunk to the bottom of Crystal Lake in GG Park! I couldn't get the hang of what I really wanted to do which was planes. Before I started working all the time at the Fairmont I went and bought a $100 Cessna took it down to the Marina got it up ONCE and totaled it within 1 minute. Yeah! Not my finest moment! But I went even further in my venture and decided I would take a class and get some training properly to take on my latest plane investment. Now whether I bought this out of denial that I was that dumb with the first one and it was a pride thing or I was optimistic and serious on learning to fly, whose to say?! But what did happen was I started my job the next week and that optimism to fly went out the window and what I was left with was a 700 dollar Alpha 40 RTF that has never been flown and been sitting for 6 months. I can live with not learning to fly planes , but I'm not okay with not seeing this beauty go to someone that deserves it and give it life. Ya know?!
So I am on a mission to do just that, and this site seemed the right way to do that. So again Hello all , hope one of you could stand to add to your collection!
Christine :silly:

Welcome to this site Christine and good luck with your sale. I actually got my club solo flying certificate with that very same make and model of plane. Those fly really nice and easy. You'll have a few selling obstacles though. Price is too high if you're asking anywhere near $700.00 and most people go for electrics around here now because of the restriction of where nitro planes can be flown. Two clubs along the Peninsula that I know of is 1) SCCMAS in Morgan Hill and 2) Channel Commanders in HMB. So the local demand for this plane isn't going to be all that great. If it was converted to electric I'm sure it would have much better chances of sale.

Good luck with the sale though and anyone learning to fly nitro I would suggest getting this make/model/type of plane. They are very easy to fly, very forgiving. And if you ever do decide to try and fly this one instead of selling it, I would strongly suggest getting a simulator for your computer and learning to fly on that before you try and take her up.

Mitch
Last Edit: 09 Nov 2016 09:02 by MGorden.

More
13 Nov 2016 09:40 #3546 by ray.raffa@gmail.com
ray.raffa@gmail.com replied the topic: Welcome to the new BayRC! - Come Say Hello!
Hello to all
I am a retired EE and currently working on putting together a meetup group for training UAV pilots to pass the FAA Part 107 exam. Have a custom Hex multicopter carrying various camera rigs.

More
13 Nov 2016 21:47 #3547 by napaflyboy
napaflyboy replied the topic: Welcome to the new BayRC! - Come Say Hello!
Hi everyone. I'm in the Napa Valley and have been flying since the 1980's. Started with thermal soaring, but have been flying powered planes for the last 30 years. Just retired and want to get back to the quiet leisurely gliders. If anyone knows of any local RC soaring clubs, I'd really appreciate a note.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RAIRAI

Time to create page: 0.217 seconds