× Tell us a little about yourself. What do you fly or drive? What are your favorite spots in the area?
Aside from your avatar (forum) name, tell us your name you use in real life.

Welcome to the new BayRC! - Come Say Hello!

More
10 Oct 2016 10:18 - 10 Oct 2016 17:09 #3406 by The Miser
The Miser replied the topic: Edited 10/10/2016 This message intended for "JonathanS" Sorry for th
Attn: JonathanS

I think you're getting a lot of good advice here. If I was you, I'd contact JureZ.
The Radian is a great entry level electric glider. (I am flying a Radian-pro right now)
1. First thing, have an experienced flyer do a pre-flight inspection for "air worthiness".
2. Let experienced flyer take it up and get it "trimmed". (So it flies straight and level)
3. Take over controls and relinquish controls if you get in trouble. Let experienced pilot land it. Next time up, practice final approaches.
4. This may sound silly to a novice, but it may enable you to take it home in one piece on your first day. (That's a good thing)
5. Once you get the basics, building and flying, you're chances of being successful with more advanced models increases significantly........... Good luck and welcome to RC flying.

The Miser
aka: Carnac
Last Edit: 10 Oct 2016 17:09 by The Miser. Reason: Message intended for JonathanS.
The following user(s) said Thank You: JonathanS

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
10 Oct 2016 12:56 #3408 by TineDean
TineDean replied the topic: Welcome to the new BayRC! - Come Say Hello!
Just signed on and saying hello to all! I'm Christine, a native San Franciscan for 49 years and I work at the Fairmont Hotel.
I've tried almost all the RC types out there, guess the best was a large sailboat that I had fun with for about a year until it sunk to the bottom of Crystal Lake in GG Park! I couldn't get the hang of what I really wanted to do which was planes. Before I started working all the time at the Fairmont I went and bought a $100 Cessna took it down to the Marina got it up ONCE and totaled it within 1 minute. Yeah! Not my finest moment! But I went even further in my venture and decided I would take a class and get some training properly to take on my latest plane investment. Now whether I bought this out of denial that I was that dumb with the first one and it was a pride thing or I was optimistic and serious on learning to fly, whose to say?! But what did happen was I started my job the next week and that optimism to fly went out the window and what I was left with was a 700 dollar Alpha 40 RTF that has never been flown and been sitting for 6 months. I can live with not learning to fly planes , but I'm not okay with not seeing this beauty go to someone that deserves it and give it life. Ya know?!
So I am on a mission to do just that, and this site seemed the right way to do that. So again Hello all , hope one of you could stand to add to your collection!
Christine :silly:
Attachments:

More
27 Oct 2016 08:21 #3489 by Alan
Alan replied the topic: Welcome to the new BayRC! - Come Say Hello!
Hey,everyone just signed in as a new member.been an electrician for over 30 years & been flying RC Planes for about 5 years .I really enjoy the hobby.

More
27 Oct 2016 09:01 #3490 by gooniac
gooniac replied the topic: Welcome to the new BayRC! - Come Say Hello!

TineDean wrote: Just signed on and saying hello to all! I'm Christine, a native San Franciscan for 49 years and I work at the Fairmont Hotel.
I've tried almost all the RC types out there, guess the best was a large sailboat that I had fun with for about a year until it sunk to the bottom of Crystal Lake in GG Park! I couldn't get the hang of what I really wanted to do which was planes. Before I started working all the time at the Fairmont I went and bought a $100 Cessna took it down to the Marina got it up ONCE and totaled it within 1 minute. Yeah! Not my finest moment! But I went even further in my venture and decided I would take a class and get some training properly to take on my latest plane investment. Now whether I bought this out of denial that I was that dumb with the first one and it was a pride thing or I was optimistic and serious on learning to fly, whose to say?! But what did happen was I started my job the next week and that optimism to fly went out the window and what I was left with was a 700 dollar Alpha 40 RTF that has never been flown and been sitting for 6 months. I can live with not learning to fly planes , but I'm not okay with not seeing this beauty go to someone that deserves it and give it life. Ya know?!
So I am on a mission to do just that, and this site seemed the right way to do that. So again Hello all , hope one of you could stand to add to your collection!
Christine :silly:

I am sure you could stand to live with out learning to fly the plane... but what if you could learn to fly the plane?? It isn't all that hard... If you ever get a chance to get away from work come take at least one flight with me at baylands in sunnyvale. All I ask for is one time to see what you think... and if it is not for you then we can get this plane listed in the classifieds and sell it. I helped my brother get one of these airborne back in the days and they fly great! I learned how to fly with Nitro airplanes back in the days...

More
27 Oct 2016 09:02 #3491 by gooniac
gooniac replied the topic: Welcome to the new BayRC! - Come Say Hello!

Alan wrote: Hey,everyone just signed in as a new member.been an electrician for over 30 years & been flying RC Planes for about 5 years .I really enjoy the hobby.

welcome!!! hope to see you out at baylands sometime!!!

• MaydayJoey
  • MaydayJoey's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
27 Oct 2016 11:51 #3493 by MaydayJoey
MaydayJoey replied the topic: Welcome to the new BayRC! - Come Say Hello!
Welcome!

Please make sure you introduce yourself in the first thread.
---- Here: bayrc.net/forum/welcome-mat/2-mayday-joe...ome-to-the-new-bayrc

Time to create page: 0.245 seconds