× When adding an event:

- Events need to publicly or privately advertised organized events. If it's a meet up among friends please post it in the site location.
- Please include the TITLE - DATE in the post title
- Be as descriptive as possible about the event, include a link to another page with complete details.

4th of July Slope Event at Coyote Hills

More
08 Jun 2017 07:24 #3995 by mitchb
mitchb created the topic: 4th of July Slope Event at Coyote Hills
There will be a slope thing this year on July 4th at Coyote Hills Park in Newark (Glider Hill). Here's the link to the thread on RCGroups.com

www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?2...age=100#post37687101

If you aren't familiar with slope gliding, this is a great event to attend. There is usually a good sized group of people and the slope is easy to manage. I'll have a couple of spare setups for people to fly if they don't have their own.

Mitch

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
08 Jun 2017 09:13 #3996 by MaydayJoey
MaydayJoey replied the topic: 4th of July Slope Event at Coyote Hills
Here is information about the park.
www.ebparks.org/parks/coyote_hills

There will be an entrance fee if you drive into the park, if you feel like walking and you get there early enough you can park at the end of the street and walk into the park then hike up to the slope area.

Please make sure you introduce yourself in the first thread.
---- Here: bayrc.net/forum/welcome-mat/2-mayday-joe...ome-to-the-new-bayrc

More
25 Jun 2017 06:58 #4104 by mitchb
mitchb replied the topic: 4th of July Slope Event at Coyote Hills
Just a reminder - we're a little more than a week away from this annual-ish event.

Mitch

More
29 Jun 2017 22:04 #4112 by kml
kml replied the topic: 4th of July Slope Event at Coyote Hills
Is the rule still no LiPos at Coyote Hills? I gotta get my foam board wing glued back together and get out there again!

More
30 Jun 2017 06:15 #4113 by mitchb
Only non-motorized gliders are permitted at Coyote Hills Park, and only at Glider Hill. I'm not aware of any rule against using LiPo batteries to power the receiver and servos, but there's always a small chance of losing a glider, which means a LiPo will self-discharge slowly somewhere in the park. I'd guess that's more hazardous than a NiMH battery so I would stick to NiMH.

Mitch

More
04 Jul 2017 09:52 #4120 by mitchb
LAST CALL! Beautiful weather today! If you've never done slope gliding, today is the perfect day to go to Coyote Hills Park to check it out and try it for yourself with one of my 3 combat-worthy setups.

Mitch
The following user(s) said Thank You: kml

Time to create page: 0.155 seconds