Trying to Locate my old Sailplane

More
21 Jan 2017 13:59 - 21 Jan 2017 21:19 #3693 by Weav
Weav created the topic: Trying to Locate my old Sailplane
My name is Fred Weaver. I flew with SBSS for many many years during the 70's and occasionally during the 80's. I am trying to find one of my old planes...
I'm hoping my old White Trash sailplane/glider is stuck in someone's garage, closet, attic .....Somewhere. I had to sell it along with my Grand Esprit back in 1976 to help buy my first house. This is my first posting to Bay RC so I'm still figuring out how to do it... Hoping I can attach pictures to help jog anyone's memory. I now live up in Sutter Creek but would glady make the drive down to the bay area to pay for and pickup my old glider. Phone here is 2 oh nine two sex sevin Juan Five Juan Sex. Hahahaha... still learning how to do that stuff with the numbers. email is Weav@sutter creek dot com ... Y'all know how to do that stuff I'm sure. I'm sure all of these were taken at Curtis Jr. High in Santa Clara. The first picture also includes Ben Clerx with his Aquila. Ben was a local kid who also flew with SBSS . Ben has been on the USA Team for F3J in recent years. All pictures were taken around 1975 or so. Maybe 1974 Can you guys get the word out in the area that I'd like to find my old plane.The graphic/decal on the upper surface of the right hand centersection is from "Big Creek Lumber" over at Davenport on the coast. I'm hoping my pictures worked. Somebody just has to know where that Glider ended up.
Thanks Everybody!
Weav
This attachment is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.
This attachment is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.
Attachments:
Last Edit: 21 Jan 2017 21:19 by Weav. Reason: Spelling and Grammar. Clarification on Decal

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
23 Jan 2017 12:33 #3704 by SailHigh
SailHigh replied the topic: Trying to Locate my old Sailplane
Hi Fred,
Like Tim said in the other post, I suggest you post this directly on SBSS forum;
www.rcgroups.com/south-bay-soaring-society-427/

Some of the members you mentioned in the other posts are still there. I remember you from the NCSL contests back in the day.

Sean

More
23 Jan 2017 12:53 #3705 by Weav
Weav replied the topic: Trying to Locate my old Sailplane
Thanks Sean.... I thought that had happened automatically for some dumb reason. Thanks for the Heads Up!
I've got a few chores to do and when I'm done, I will go to the link you provided and make a posting there.
Thanks to both You and Tim! I appreciate it!
Weav

More
25 Jan 2017 08:46 #3707 by Tim.Ellis
Tim.Ellis replied the topic: Trying to Locate my old Sailplane
Weav,
Slightly off topic. We fly off a winch Thursdays and Sundays in Holster. You and anyone else is welcome to join us. We post on

www.rcgroups.com/south-bay-soaring-society-427/ Where is the winch.

If you're in the area come out and fly.
-tim

More
25 Jan 2017 08:53 #3708 by Weav
Weav replied the topic: Trying to Locate my old Sailplane
Thanks Tim.... That is a 3 hour ride each way from my place up here in Sutter Creek. Would love to share some SKY this Spring and Summer with you guys. Thanks for the Invite!
Weav
209-267-1516

Time to create page: 0.192 seconds