Is Baylands banning RC?

• MaydayJoey
  • MaydayJoey's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
23 Jun 2016 18:28 #2952 by MaydayJoey
MaydayJoey replied the topic: Is Baylands banning RC?
Thank you very much for the information, this is actually good news to hear. The last few times I've been out I've tried to talk to a few people stressing these same concerns, I believe most of us have while flying. And I agree the self policing and protection helps.

We do need to spread the word about flying safely especially when pedestrians are around.

Maybe long range people need to consider a path around the protected areas as well.

Please make sure you introduce yourself in the first thread.
---- Here: bayrc.net/forum/welcome-mat/2-mayday-joe...ome-to-the-new-bayrc

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• MaydayJoey
  • MaydayJoey's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
23 Jun 2016 19:35 #2953 by MaydayJoey
MaydayJoey replied the topic: Is Baylands banning RC?
lol Probably George that was helping you. Did you appear on a bicycle? Skinny guy?

nagilum wrote: Thanks for speaking to the park super, that is my plane stuck up there. The guy with the slingshot was an upstanding citizen, he spent an hour of his time trying to get my plane down, even though I had never met him before.

It's funny, most of the people walking by while were were doing it wished us luck on the retrieval. No one asked us to stop.

Please make sure you introduce yourself in the first thread.
---- Here: bayrc.net/forum/welcome-mat/2-mayday-joe...ome-to-the-new-bayrc

More
23 Jun 2016 19:46 #2954 by nagilum
nagilum replied the topic: Is Baylands banning RC?
He said his name was Willie.

More
24 Jun 2016 14:32 #2958 by parky
parky replied the topic: Is Baylands banning RC?
I was out flying last Wed. morning. A "citizen of Sunnyvale" (his words) came up and was rather irate about my flying. I was flying an EDF and had gone over the far side of the fence while on landing approach. He pointed out the signs, and was really upset that I had not seen them. (I sure don't have any reason to go out there).

He also said that he had contacted someone at the SJC control tower about being close to the airport, and said that the FAA had not authorized RC flying at Baylands and we should all stop.

I did look up the rules (FAA Reauthorization act of 2012). It does say if within 5 miles a pilot should NOTIFY the tower before flying. (Note notify, not ask for approval). I think the rule used to be 3 miles. The law suggests working out a mutual agreement for established flying sites. The law does specifically say to not endanger full scale aircraft.

Good to hear that the person from the Parks dept said that only one person was complaining.

Bob

More
24 Jun 2016 16:49 #2960 by Sky Dragon
Sky Dragon replied the topic: Is Baylands banning RC?

parky wrote: I was out flying last Wed. morning. A "citizen of Sunnyvale" (his words) came up and was rather irate about my flying. I was flying an EDF and had gone over the far side of the fence while on landing approach. He pointed out the signs, and was really upset that I had not seen them. (I sure don't have any reason to go out there).

He also said that he had contacted someone at the SJC control tower about being close to the airport, and said that the FAA had not authorized RC flying at Baylands and we should all stop.

I did look up the rules (FAA Reauthorization act of 2012). It does say if within 5 miles a pilot should NOTIFY the tower before flying. (Note notify, not ask for approval). I think the rule used to be 3 miles. The law suggests working out a mutual agreement for established flying sites. The law does specifically say to not endanger full scale aircraft.

Good to hear that the person from the Parks dept said that only one person was complaining.

Bob

According to B4U Fly iPhone app, it cross over the Baylands Park in half from the SJ airport. If you fly on the other side of the park, you will be fine I guess.

More
07 Jul 2016 16:01 #3000 by Scott
Scott replied the topic: Is Baylands banning RC?
picture I took today 7/7/2016
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.289 seconds