Is Baylands banning RC?

More
16 Sep 2016 13:10 #3291 by Teamdavey2016
Teamdavey2016 replied the topic: Is Baylands banning RC?
Thanks, RC 18.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
08 Oct 2016 06:48 - 08 Oct 2016 06:51 #3387 by DirtyWaschFPV
DirtyWaschFPV replied the topic: Is Baylands banning RC?

Jorgito wrote: Like I said before the guys who fly drone should find another place to fly their Toy all this happen because of the drones I'm going to give you some examples on T.V. Kron 4 new they have this segment call people behaving bad and they video tape a guy flying a drone I think in Golden Gate park or Golden Gate Bridge there was a sign of DO NOT FLY DRONES but the guy do not give a ...........and fly anyway at Bay Lands the drone guys cause A fire and last week on the radio news they were talking about a big fire I think in Santa Rosa or Santa Ana do not remember but that is not important the problem was that The coast guard have to cancel the flight of tanker airplane you know the one drop a lot of water over a fire because some guys were FLYING DRONES can you believe fire department or coast guard not be able to do their job just because some guy or guys who want to fly their toy this are just a few samples of what I saw on T,V. or listen on radio news when a person buy a drone he also should by some pills of common sense I think Bay Lands is safer place for every body with out drones

I don't think it's fair to say the guys who fly drones should go somewhere else. The space should be allowed to be used by anyone flying RC that is flying within the given rules , posted and common sense. I have never flown at baylands but would like to think i could some day. I fly Planes and Multirotor's.
I do agree though that there are the few pilots that don't fly responsibly, but this is true for plane pilots as well. Drones have a very negative view in the news because only the bad is being reported on. There are dangers in all aspects of RC , i have never had a lipo fire due to a quad crash, and trust me I've crashed a lot. I have had lipo fires, from plane crashes. Everything was contained safely, no harm.
I think my point is, I don't believe we as a RC community should be single out different types of flight. Instead we should be teaching people safe flying practices. Just because drones are capable of dangerous flight behavior does not mean they should be flown that way or that the majority do fly in that manner.
Last Edit: 08 Oct 2016 06:51 by DirtyWaschFPV.

More
08 Oct 2016 11:37 - 08 Oct 2016 11:39 #3388 by gooniac
gooniac replied the topic: Is Baylands banning RC?

DirtyWaschFPV wrote:

Jorgito wrote: Like I said before the guys who fly drone should find another place to fly their Toy all this happen because of the drones I'm going to give you some examples on T.V. Kron 4 new they have this segment call people behaving bad and they video tape a guy flying a drone I think in Golden Gate park or Golden Gate Bridge there was a sign of DO NOT FLY DRONES but the guy do not give a ...........and fly anyway at Bay Lands the drone guys cause A fire and last week on the radio news they were talking about a big fire I think in Santa Rosa or Santa Ana do not remember but that is not important the problem was that The coast guard have to cancel the flight of tanker airplane you know the one drop a lot of water over a fire because some guys were FLYING DRONES can you believe fire department or coast guard not be able to do their job just because some guy or guys who want to fly their toy this are just a few samples of what I saw on T,V. or listen on radio news when a person buy a drone he also should by some pills of common sense I think Bay Lands is safer place for every body with out drones

I don't think it's fair to say the guys who fly drones should go somewhere else. The space should be allowed to be used by anyone flying RC that is flying within the given rules , posted and common sense. I have never flown at baylands but would like to think i could some day. I fly Planes and Multirotor's.
I do agree though that there are the few pilots that don't fly responsibly, but this is true for plane pilots as well. Drones have a very negative view in the news because only the bad is being reported on. There are dangers in all aspects of RC , i have never had a lipo fire due to a quad crash, and trust me I've crashed a lot. I have had lipo fires, from plane crashes. Everything was contained safely, no harm.
I think my point is, I don't believe we as a RC community should be single out different types of flight. Instead we should be teaching people safe flying practices. Just because drones are capable of dangerous flight behavior does not mean they should be flown that way or that the majority do fly in that manner.

it all started with that god awful name... DRONES.... that was the beginning of the end for this subject. The media has made it a train wreck when it never was. The RC community is just that.. a community. But the advent of the multi rotor has changed things up A LOT and is making it harder for everyone to get a long. I think that the biggest issue is not the machines themselves but the operators. I am part of a big group of guys that fly everything.. Drones included... but we are all part of a big group. The majority of the new drone guys will go out with their stuff and make no attempt to get to know the others around them at all. So with most of the issues we are having at Baylands its the new guys coming out and not even making an attempt to talk to the people that are already out there. No they don't have to but it sure would make things better if they were to mingle with the group....

I fly everything but focus most of my time on planes and edfs... That is what I fly the most at Baylands. But I am going to try my best to get to know everyone that I see out there regardless of what you fly.
Last Edit: 08 Oct 2016 11:39 by gooniac.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DirtyWaschFPV

More
09 Oct 2016 13:31 #3394 by RAIRAI
RAIRAI replied the topic: Is Baylands banning RC?
OK so what was the out come of all this here on the board? Can we fly DRONES at Bay Lands? This is where I was invited by Ray and met a lot of good folks. Now that I am healthy and ready to go. Where can I fly my DRONES??

;)Safety First Always. Keep them up!!

• MaydayJoey
  • MaydayJoey's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
09 Oct 2016 22:10 #3404 by MaydayJoey
MaydayJoey replied the topic: Is Baylands banning RC?
Yes you can fly there, this never changed.

*Baylands

Please make sure you introduce yourself in the first thread.
---- Here: bayrc.net/forum/welcome-mat/2-mayday-joe...ome-to-the-new-bayrc

Time to create page: 0.182 seconds