PLEASE CLEAN UP AFTER YOURSELVES!!!

• gooniac
  • gooniac's Avatar Topic Author
More
04 Mar 2016 11:58 #2600 by gooniac
gooniac created the topic: PLEASE CLEAN UP AFTER YOURSELVES!!!
Last weekend there was a huge Kite fly of some kind and the people made a total mess of the place. Strings were everywhere as well as kites stuck in trees etc... It was HORRIBLE!!! Most of us took some extra time to help clean up the mess and the park guys noticed that we were as well. They see that we appreciate this place and as a result we all have a pretty good relationship with them!! I was also informed that there are a couple groups that can no longer reserve anything at Baylands anymore because of the messes that they have left for the parks people to clean up. This just reminded me how lucky we are to have this place to fly and not to take if for granted! Not only should you help with donations to the rental of Pickleweed, but please make an effort to clean up after yourselves! If you crash, pick up all the pieces and leave nothing behind! If they start seeing that we are not taking care of the park they will start to give us the stink eye and not want to help out as they do now! Just keep that in mind and pass it on too! Flying at Baylands is a PRIVILEGE which mean that we must respect the area that we fly in! Whether you fly a plane, glider, Multi Rotor or helicopter.... it doesn't matter! Clean up!! ok I am getting off of the soap box now....
The following user(s) said Thank You: tengarang

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
04 Mar 2016 12:40 #2601 by tengarang
tengarang replied the topic: PLEASE CLEAN UP AFTER YOURSELVES!!!
Agreed with Gooniac this place is here and we are privileged to have it, lets keep things fair and balanced and tidy.
clean up after yourselves, clean up after those who don't. Lets look good for ourselves and Baylands.

More
04 Mar 2016 13:20 #2603 by MaydayJoey
MaydayJoey replied the topic: PLEASE CLEAN UP AFTER YOURSELVES!!!
Thanks Ray!

I agree, really this goes for anywhere really. I think the biggest thing I see are paper/wrappers and prop blades. Granted many times they are from crashes and you can't find the bits, in which case is totally understandable, but I've seen STACKS of broken props on the field. Last week somebody left their lunch wrappers neatly left on the field.

These are obviously examples, nothing specific is being pointed out here. All of us want to enjoy our field!

Please make sure you introduce yourself in the first thread.
---- Here: bayrc.net/forum/welcome-mat/2-mayday-joe...ome-to-the-new-bayrc

More
04 Mar 2016 15:21 #2604 by rangee
rangee replied the topic: PLEASE CLEAN UP AFTER YOURSELVES!!!
Cant agree more!
Also, if you crash (we all do), PLEASE pick up all the pieces and especially the lipo. I have seen few lipo packs that got left in the meadow. Once getting wet or run over by the lawnmower, they will catch fire. Also, lipos are very toxic to the wildlife.

Time to create page: 0.158 seconds