Does anyone know what the max current is at the "charging stations" at Baylands?

• kirby
  • kirby's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
08 Jun 2015 15:22 #1516 by kirby
kirby created the topic: Does anyone know what the max current is at the "charging stations" at
Does anyone have an idea on the max current available at the BBQ pit/charging station at Baylands? If I want to charged a 2-3 batteries quickly, I could use around 800-1000W, so maybe 6-9 amps. But I don't want to ruin everyone's day by tripping a breaker so I thought I would ask here first. Does anyone know? Or if anyone has tripped a breaker at the field, what where you doing when it happened (so I can get an idea of where the limit might be)?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
08 Jun 2015 17:28 #1517 by MaydayJoey
MaydayJoey replied the topic: Does anyone know what the max current is at the "charging stations" at
As far as I'm aware the only time if trips is when too many people are using it, or equipment is being used on an extension cord.

I do not know the at which point the breaker trip, or what the main breaker is set at, I'd image at the least it's 20a if not 40. That's only a guess of the top of my head when thinking about commercial building stuff.

Please make sure you introduce yourself in the first thread.
---- Here: bayrc.net/forum/welcome-mat/2-mayday-joe...ome-to-the-new-bayrc
The following user(s) said Thank You: kirby

• kirby
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
08 Jun 2015 18:32 #1518 by kirby
kirby replied the topic: Does anyone know what the max current is at the "charging stations" at
Ok, I'll give at a try and report back.

More
09 Jun 2015 13:55 #1523 by SparkyInCali
SparkyInCali replied the topic: Does anyone know what the max current is at the "charging stations" at
The max that each of the sides of there should be is 20a. I have been there and charged at 500w or so on a busy weekend day with lots of chargers going.You should be fine on most days on a really busy weekend you might want to use caution or use one of the less busy bbq pits
The following user(s) said Thank You: kirby

More
01 Jul 2015 15:23 #1622 by Wattzup
Wattzup replied the topic: 16 - Amps Max Current
The chargers are operating for more than 3-hours (at least that is what I have witnessed when I flew here) so the max current for any CIRCUIT would be 16-Amps. What we do not know is if any of the BBQ pits share the same circuit. We can assume that every pit has it's own circuit but we do not know this for sure. What we really should find out is where these circuits are fed from and how do we get access to reset the breakers.

• kirby
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
01 Jul 2015 15:46 #1623 by kirby
kirby replied the topic: 16 - Amps Max Current

Wattzup wrote: The chargers are operating for more than 3-hours (at least that is what I have witnessed when I flew here) so the max current for any CIRCUIT would be 16-Amps.

I don't follow the logic here. How does the 3-hour amount of time tell us anything about the circuit capacity?

Time to create page: 0.202 seconds