Flying at Baylands

• RAIRAI
  • RAIRAI's Avatar Topic Author
  • Droner 247
More
11 Nov 2016 11:11 #3532 by RAIRAI
RAIRAI created the topic: Flying at Baylands
:angry: I went and flew my DGI 3 Pro and I notice some young guys setting up a DRL course. Well I said ok, but then. I was asked not fly there because of my noise of the Phantom and that could not concentrate. Even though they had about 25 square yards to them selfs. Then I was using Fat Shark using #3, then I was asked if I could use another band. Well these young men do not know me very well. I have just got back into my drones after a large medical deal. To take over such a large amount of area and to try to push me out, well. Then when they noticed that I was not going to give on my Fat Shark 3 band, they invited to fly with them so they can exchange my wave band. Hell no. Next Monday I will be there with my S900 and I am NOT going any where!
Asking for inputs?? Please let me know of how much has changed in the last 22 months???? :S :S

;)Safety First Always. Keep them up!!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 Nov 2016 14:20 #3534 by slikwrik
slikwrik replied the topic: Flying at Baylands
I'm just trying to fly in harmony with the other pilots at baylands whether it be quads, planes or helis - we're all there to fly and have fun
The FPV racer group (probably the same one you're talking about), is there often when I fly and that is fine, but the course has been getting bigger and bigger, there's barely space to fly!
And then some of the pilots are particularly bad and fly well outside of the course, nearly hitting my aircraft and myself too - it doesn't make it fun to fly it just makes it stressful and aggravating. These days I'm often leaving the field with some fully charged lipos because it's just not worth the potential collisions.
I know there are some pilots within that group that are courteous of the other pilots, but there are also some that are NOT.

I hope someone within the FPV racer group at Baylands reads this and considers the other pilots by making the course a little bit smaller. When the soccer players play, and the FPV racers have the big course set up, there is just no space for anyone else.

We're all here trying to share the field to have fun, I hope everyone can think to be courteous to eachother.

So to answer your question, within the last 22months the park is getting taken over by more and more rookie pilots that don't realize their actions negatively impact the other hobbyists at the field

More
11 Nov 2016 15:32 #3535 by vhuang168
vhuang168 replied the topic: Flying at Baylands
They were not talking about your quad being noisy. Rather they were taking about the RF noise put out by the video transmitters.

In case you don't know, even though the Fat Shark band has 8 channels, you can really have 8 pilots on at the same time. There is interference. Add to the fact that every time someone close to your band plugs in, you get a jolt of interference.

Would you be happy if you were flying your phantom in fpv using fat shark 3 n 2 pilots plug in on 2 n 4 causing you to loose your fpv feed? They were being safe in asking you to either not fly close to them if you insist on flying on your channel orr sharing the channel if you want to fly over them.

Maybe you could have asked them why?

More
11 Nov 2016 21:43 #3537 by dsal
dsal replied the topic: Flying at Baylands
Well, I wouldn't say fatshark gives you 8 channels. The plan is really poor:

static1.squarespace.com/static/548bc72ee...c7013/1439346122299/

Raceband has a useful 8 channels, but that's eating up all of 5G8. I do agree having the discussion is good. Some of these RTF things blow out entire bands. I fly FPV on 2G4 in the field there. I get a bit of noise from 2G4 control systems, but it's not too bad -- I can still get over 1km with clean video even in an area like Baylands. If a DJI Inspire is out, my goggles go black by the time I get to the other side of the field. I just don't get to fly when that's out there. I don't tell the other guy to go away, but are all in this together.

However, if noise of a Phantom is bothering someone, surely you're flying it very dangerously. They're fairly quiet unless they're very near/over someone, which certainly would make me nervous. I've had that happen a few times there. I don't know why I've not had someone crash into me yet or how I've managed to avoid crashing when I've thought I was about to be hit.

• RAIRAI
  • Droner 247
More
12 Nov 2016 12:08 #3538 by RAIRAI
RAIRAI replied the topic: Flying at Baylands
B) Hi Gents and ladies. I guess everyone has missed the fact that I was already there! Second they took over half the entire field and the 5 that were there. Me and 4 other fliers were moved over into the smaller end. Ray from SLAC knows me, and I can be nice, but I will not let someone take advantage of me or any other person period. If they want the entire field or half. They should make it their plan to get there early and set up. Dont set up after when you have folks flying already. Sorry VENTING!. huff huff huff. :angry:

• RAIRAI
  • Droner 247
More
12 Nov 2016 12:16 #3539 by RAIRAI
RAIRAI replied the topic: Flying at Baylands
B) Thanks for the link of the band width. It shows that the band from 5658 to 5917. You have just told me they are HOGGING it all up. Well I am sorry. I did not spend all my money to enjoy my hobby of kicking back and flying to sit back when some socall friends want to hog up area and band width. Sorry. :evil:

Time to create page: 0.200 seconds